Baby åtgärder.

Baby åtgärder.

As I have read on several different sites, the process to get my residence permit to live in Sweden can take as little as 3 months. Once my mother’s residency is official (which should be sometime next spring), I should apply for my residency as soon as humanly possible according to Migrations Verket:

Other close relatives
In exceptional cases, you may obtain a residence permit if you have lived in the country of origin with the relative now resident in Sweden. This category covers, for example, children over the age of 18 and the parents of the person resident in Sweden. If you belong to this category, apply for a residence permit as soon as possible after the date when your relative was granted a permanent residence permit in Sweden.
You must be able to prove that you lived with your relative immediately before they moved to Sweden and that you were dependent on them in the country of origin to the extent that it is difficult for you to live apart. In this context, ´dependent´ means that you are financially, socially or emotionally dependent on your relative who lives in Sweden.

Keeping that in mind, I’m getting paperwork and such together now so I’m not scrambling when the time comes. I’ve already saved the forms (yay pdf!) I’m going to need, but right now it looks like I need to work on the supporting documentation. My mother and I were kind of travelling gypsies (not literally, but we did move a lot) in the time period right before she moved to Sweden, so digging up sufficient proof that we lived together prior to her move will be difficult, but not impossible.

On a (somewhat) unrelated note, I just read an interested blog post regarding the downfalls of the Swedish social system. I found it to be an interesting read, and something I will certainly take into consideration when raising my own children in Sweden.